At Revionics, the Systems Engineer will own infrastructure technologies and be responsible for installing new components and maintaining network/systems configurations. You'll be part of a small but fast-paced highly-collaborative team with low egos and high output. You will be part of a 24/7 on-call rotation responding to issues and users with a global footprint and prototyping new technologies to increase operation efficiency and effectiveness.
Who You Are:
- Establishes and maintains both network and system environments by designing configurations; directing installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshootingnetwork problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating withnetwork architects on network optimization.
- Secures systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
·Strong understanding of Nessus, Tenable.io or similar security tools, penetration testing, and network/server hardening
- Enforce network and systems hardening standards, policies and guidelines and develop and implement them as needs are identified.
- Create and maintain processes and automation for system configuration and maintenance.
- Implement configuration and system changes following approved procedures.
- Able to maintain the required standard of confidentiality with internal and customer data
- Must be a US citizen or legally able to work in the US
What You Have/Can Do as a Minimum:
- 5+ years of relevant professional technical experience to include managing firewalls and networksecurity
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols, especially OSPF and BGP
- Knowledge of deploying servers and applications in on-premise virtualized environments, such as VMware, and cloud environments, such as AWS and Google Cloud
- Strong Windows Server and/or Linux background.
- Knowledge of LAN switch configuration and technology (VLAN, VXLAN, LACP)
- Knowledge of WAN configuration and technology (MPLS, VPN)
- Knowledge of virtual networking in a VMware environment (dvSwitches)
- Troubleshoot and solve complex problems using data-driven and scientific methods
- Solid understanding of IP networking as it relates to local area and wide area networks.
- Storage networking including Fibre Channel and iSCSI
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent. Field of Study: Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS
What You Can Do to Stand Out:
- Experience with Juniper SRX firewalls and EX series switching and Dell Force10 switching
- Knowledge of Quality of Service (QoS) and Class of Service (CoS), and VoIP technology
- Experience in networking in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker networking
- Able to utilize REST and other API interfaces in applications and systems to accomplish tasks
- Proficient in a scriptinglanguage: PowerShell/PowerCLI, bash, python
- Experience or familiarity with SIEM tools
- Experience or familiarity with Software-Defined Networking
- Management or team lead experience
- IT Certifications including VMware, Networking, Security
- Software development background
What's in Your Tool Box:
- Able to work flexible hours to include nights and weekends (24x7 environment/on-call rotation)
- Personable professional with a desire to work independently in collaborative and fast-paced teams.
- Low-Ego, Action-Oriented, and Intellectually-Curious personalities highly desired.
- Able to take assigned tasks and follow through to completion.