As the Systems Engineer you will implement strategies and solutions for Netskope's production services. You will participate in strategic and tactical infrastructure initiatives by building, automating, and managing complex computing systems based primarily on microservice architectures.
- Embrace our corporate culture by fostering collaboration without boundaries, encourage teamwork and communication that is clear, open, and honest.
- Develop and actively supply implementations, service definitions, component interfaces and experimental prototypes to the operations, and engineering teams for systems within a product or service family.
- Develop, test, document, and implement strategies, automation, and solutions for Netskope's production services.
- Understand, and be able to communicate, the nonfunctional requirements for the system (security, reliability, scalability, maintainability, etc.).
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of designated Netskope products, services, and their dependent infrastructure in order to support and improve the reliability, function, and scalability of these solutions.
- 5+ years demonstrated expertise in building and managing complex computing systems including 1-2 years experience as a Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or SRE.
- Comprehensive understanding of computer internal architecture and design to include working knowledge of specific details and design of some variants of the *NIX based operating systems.
- Experience with business requirements and functional specifications regarding interface development, functional architecture, and distributed software design/implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop large-scale functional system architectures and implementation designs, in collaboration with stakeholders in a distributed workforce environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to act as subject matter expert, tracking technology/industry trends, and to provide data-driven reasoning for recommending technology paths.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor or direct others in their technology evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to automate a rapidly growing global system.
- Expertise with operational support systems, automation, and CI/CD tools
- Expertise with one or more automation frameworks for provisioning and configuration management systems including Salt, Ansible, Chef Puppet.
- Knowledge in a one or more of programming languages used for automation including Bash, Python, C, C++, Go.
- Experience with modern cloud and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, KVM, OpenNebula, OpenStack or any orchestration platforms)
- Established track record for providing valuable feedback during planning and implementation of existing projects.
- Knowledge of the Agile project management methodologies.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or combination of comparable education and experience typically obtained by 5 or more years related work experience.