We’re changing the way enterprises think about Security. Our goal is to be the leading cloud security and analytics platform globally. It’s time for smart cloud/web security, we innovate the way security is done, i.e. that we provide a cloud-based service as opposed to traditional on-prem solutions. Our patented Cloud XD technology eliminates blind spots by going deeper than any other security provider to quickly target and control activities across thousands of cloud services and millions of websites. With full control from our cloud, our customers benefit from 360-degree data protection that guards data everywhere and advanced threat protection that stops elusive attacks. At Netskope, we call this smart cloud security.
Netskope is the leader in cloud security. We believe that people and companies should be able to collaborate without limits, working safely across the cloud, web, devices, and locations. Our corporate leadership is clear, open, and honest, leaders share what’s happening in the company, and all employees make a big impact. Recognized as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant, on Glassdoor and Fortune Magazine as one of the top 100 cloud companies in the world, and as one of the three fastest-growing cybersecurity companies, Netskope is a fast-moving company built to be the strategic enterprise security partner for a long time to come. Netskope is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
As the Systems Architect you will design, develop and implement strategies and solutions for Netskope’s production services. You will lead strategic and tactical infrastructure initiatives by designing, building, and managing complex computing systems based primarily on microservice architectures. In addition, you will provide technical leadership by sharing best practices and technology trends, and acting as a technical mentor related to their area(s) of expertise.
- Embrace our corporate culture by fostering collaboration without boundaries, encourage teamwork and communication that is clear, open, and honest.
- Develop and actively supply implementations, service definitions, component interfaces and experimental prototypes to the operations, and engineering teams for systems within a product or service family.
- Design, develop, test, document, and implement strategies, automation, and solutions for Netskope’s production services.
- Understand, and be able to communicate, the nonfunctional requirements for the system (security, reliability, scalability, maintainability, etc.).
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of designated Netskope products, services, and their dependent infrastructure in order to support and improve the reliability, function, and scalability of these solutions.
- Act as the technical and agile lead for projects spanning one or more areas, teams, and technologies.
- Mentor and direct others in their technology evaluations, technical designs, and technical implementations.
- 10+ years demonstrated expertise in designing, building and managing complex computing systems including 1-2 years experience as a Systems Architect.
- Comprehensive understanding of computer internal architecture and design to include working knowledge of specific details and design of some variants of the *NIX based operating systems.
- Experience with business requirements and functional specifications regarding interface development, functional architecture, and distributed software design/implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop large-scale functional system architectures and implementation designs, in collaboration with stakeholders in a distributed workforce environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to act as subject matter expert, tracking technology/industry trends, and to provide data-driven reasoning for recommending technology paths.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor or direct others in their technology evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to sanitize and automate a rapidly growing global system
- Deep expertise with operational support systems, automation, and CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of the Agile project management methodologies.
- Knowledge in a variety of programming languages including Python, C, C++, Go.
- Experience with modern cloud and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, KVM, OpenNebula, OpenStack or any orchestration platforms)
- Established track record for providing valuable technical details to developers and engineers.
- Established track record for providing valuable feedback during planning and implementation of existing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or combination of comparable education and experience typically obtained by 5 or more years related work experience.