The PNT Solutions Engineering directorate is looking for an innovative Systems Engineer, with a passion for learning, to join the PNT Systems Engineering team. The successful candidate will work with customers, leadership, software, hardware, and ASIC engineering to develop GPS navigation systems for airborne, weapons, and ground applications. Our solutions keep the warfighter safe, connected and informed by providing accurate position, navigation and timing information in contested environments. You will be working in a dynamic team environment with engineers that share your passion for providing cutting edge solutions to today’s military.
Specific responsibilities of this position span all phases of system product development including: system requirements analysis, definition, and validation; system architecture design; system requirements allocation; system integration and requirements verification testing; system modeling and simulation; coordination among systems, hardware, ASIC and software design functions; and developing systems related documentation. This position will also require supporting bid and proposal activities in pursuit of new business opportunities. Senior engineers will be available to provide mentoring to develop your skills as a system engineer and to increase your depth of knowledge in GPS technology.
Rockwell Collins continues to build on a strong history of providing navigation equipment to meet the evolving needs of commercial and military users. Our navigation solutions provide enhanced situational awareness and pinpoint accuracy for airborne and surface missions worldwide. Leading the way in the GPS and radio navigation technology, our array of products and systems cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications.
The position requires the following:
* US Citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Applicant must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in an applicable field of engineering or science.
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good teamwork skills
* A desire to participate on a results-oriented, product development team
* Be highly motivated; self-directed; and able to balance multiple tasks
* Technical aptitude and professionalism
If the applicant has any of the following, it would be a plus:
* An understanding of current system engineering processes
* Prior experience in GPS development
* Experience with system requirements development & management
* Experience with system integration and test
* Experience with modeling languages such as UML, SysML, and DoDAF
* Familiarity with Engineering Development tools like DOORS, Matlab, Simulink, Enterprise Architect, etc.
* Experience with GPS simulators
* Experience with hardware description languages (e.g. VHDL, etc.)
*Experience with modern software languages (e.g. Java, C, C++, C#, Python, perl, etc.)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
Requisition ID: 8138