There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Louisiana (US-LA) - Thibodaux
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Systems Engineer - 33119
As a Product Engineer on the Cab Electrical & Automation team for John Deere Thibodaux, you will coordinate, develop, design and work with the Electrical and Software team to integrate hardware, controls and software solutions for sugar cane harvesting and data collection systems. In addition, you will collaborate with the mechanical subsystems functional leads as a subsystem systems engineer to perform the following:
- Lead the development efforts for next generation crop harvesting subsystem controls, including automation.
- Work within the PREEVision tool set to document and relay subsystem specifications to the Sugar software Product Owner.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise and Crop Harvesting teams to deliver new systems and technologies to the Sugar vehicle platform.
US Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Experience working in test or design engineering on new system and controls development programs.
- Experience with software integration with components and systems.
- Engineering discipline with knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and software systems.
- Ability to develop and execute tests, diagnose issues, and document results.
- Experience with MatLab, Simulink or equivalent development tools.
- Effective communicator and collaborator, with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel, up to 30% (both domestic and internationally).
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience with robotics and/or automation.
- Ability to troubleshoot vehicle electrical (5-14 VDC) and CAN network systems.
- General knowledge of complete machine makeup (engines, structures, hydraulics, electrical and cooling systems).
- Experience with advanced sensor technologies (Radar, Lidar, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Deere ESDP.
- Experience with PDMLink, SAP and PREEVision.
- Farm harvesting equipment operator experience.
- Experience with Capital Harness, Pro Engineer, Pro Cabling.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably Robotics, Electrical or Computer).