Superior career opportunity for a Systems Engineer with a premier firm!!!
Company is seeking a Systems Engineer that will be a key player in the organization, helping shape its vision and mission through excellent practices.
Why this is a great organization to join:
Client is an established firm with years of progressive growth; Great reputation in the industry; Quality work and loyal client base; Profitable; Privately owned; Strong leadership team and seasoned staff; Focused on growth; Low turnover; Fun and enjoyable work environment; Fast-paced; Team oriented
Position Summary Systems Engineer will complete detail design work on semi-custom manufacturing systems and act as project leader for a project team following the ISO 9001 quality management system. As project leader, the Systems Engineer will coordinate activities of the project design team and production personnel, and also be the point of contact for communication with the customer.
• Pre-sale conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of semi-automated industrial laser processing workstations
• Conceptual design includes: mechanical layout of workstation, motion control components, and tooling; and with assistance from others, block diagram of electronic controls; flowchart of overall man-machine interaction and machine functions. Cost estimation includes estimation of NRE, RE, and materials.
• Project schedule development using critical path method covering all tasks from PO to shipment including those for which others are responsible for performing.
• Post-booking activities include: detailed design and documentation for custom portions of specific projects, reusing existing hardware and software subassemblies as much as possible to minimize engineering content of complete delivered system
• Detailed design of tooling, fixtures, layout of motion stages and other peripherals
• Project management role from purchase order to shipment. Project management includes: setting and meeting project parameters such as cost, schedule, performance, and deliverables
• Prepare and conduct design reviews with customer, engineering and operations
• Coordinate acceptance test requirements, sample materials, laser application, machine readiness, customer visit schedule, and lab resources for acceptance tests. Manage acceptance test and handle all exceptions necessary to secure customer sign-off.
• Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 1+ years of experience designing or specifying motion control components, tooling, fixtures, and other peripherals, as found in industrial automation systems preferred
• 1+ years of experience in the design and validation of precision motion systems, motion control equipment, and motion stage integration preferred.
• Technical expertise in at least one of the following areas is preferred
o Precision mechanical motion stages
o Machine controls and automation integration
o Industrial laser applications in automation applications
• Communicate well orally and in writing with customers and others with whom he/she works with within and outside the Engineering department.
• Experience with design and documentation tools including SolidWorks, Visio, Excel, Word
• Ability to travel occasionally (2 weeks per quarter)