The IT Site administrator provides the needed technical support to enable users to perform their business activities at multiple locations. Ensure IT issues are escalated to the appropriate support team with urgency. Self-driven to solution and project manage new technologies to support business needs while working with site leadership and key business personnel, IT SMEs and technology partners. Helps to develop overall site technology strategy while aligning with global IT towers. Have a continuous improvement mindset with a sense of ownership for all site related IT initiatives and support.
Key Tasks, Deliverables & Objectives:
- Prioritize and facilitate support issues as needed. (Included but not limited to Break-Fixes, Site Projects, IT initiatives and Compliance activities). Additionally this person provides administrative functions in coordinating site activities.
- Develops key relationships with site leaders and user base, monitors user experience.
- Drive the adoption of new technologies to support business needs. Be a key thought leader for IT strategies and solutions. Create relationships with key partners to help drive solutions.
- Assists in or manages planning and executing for IT projects in his or her region incl. coordination with local parties to inform of new technologies.
- He/She is responsible to promote, enforce, and sometimes create IT policies, processes & standards
- High professional ethics and respect administrative policies and committed to deliver IT world class services
- Have a mindset to always keep learning new technologies and stay current.
Key Metrics (KPI's):
- Mean Time to Resolve
- User Experience Score & Customer Survey Score (TBD)
- First time right
- Site availability, capacity, performance
- Asset health (asset/CMDB accuracy)
- Compliance to IT Site Management processes & procedures
- Internal: Senior IT management, 2nd and 3rd line IT support groups and their manager. Site leadership, site users.
- External: technology partners, service providers, cloud service providers.
- Ensure all site inventories are properly entered into the Asset Tracking System and maintain the accuracy of those assets
- Perform client set-up and provide technical support (Workstation, VPN)
- Provide software support for local non-SAP applications owned by IT department
- Provide telephony support
- Implement Site Projects, IT Projects and Compliance Projects as per IT plans IT Site Administrator role in these projects may vary from project to project
- Promote and ensure adherence to IT security policies.
- Promote IT Policies, Procedures and StandardsPerform activities in adherence to Business Continuity (Weekly DR tape backups, DRP testing...)
- Keep up-to-date and manage IT inventory at site
- Order IT equipment and supplies following company procurement procedures
- Act as onsite contact for outside vendors and service providers
- Follow IT support escalation process and procedure
- Act as a site representative at their site
- Train new site personnel as needed.
Decision Making Authority:
- Prioritization of site support issues. Initiate purchases by creating requisition according to approved standards by Momentive IT
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or commensurate experience.
- IT Support Certifications (Microsoft, A+, etc.)
- Working experience in Microsoft
- Working experience in WAN, LAN topology and support
- Working experience to install, configure and set-up workstations, servers, printers,
- 10 - 15% travel required for site visits, management meetings, projects and reviews
- Ability to physically rack, stack IT equipment across multiple locations around the sites and able to walk long distances based on site location requirements
- Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project; Visio skills
- Working experience with Backup Exec
- Working experience with Avaya phone system
- 3 – 5 years of proven experience in IT Site Management / support activities