$150K — $200K *
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Defending against modern-day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That's why we're able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It's why we're investing in ground-breaking technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities, and solid-state radar. To create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We've made it a scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It's not easy - but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world's most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As a Modeling and Simulation Development Engineer, you will join the Simulation and Performance team on the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) program. In this role, you will:
- Develop high fidelity models and simulation software
- Build new source code in C++ and Python
- Modify code in C++, C, Fortran, Python, Linux shell, and YAML
- Implement Docker/Container and Kubernetes infrastructure
- Create unit tests
- Execute simulation software on a high performance computing cluster
- Work in an Agile DevOps environment
- Collaborate with the performance analysts, Flight Software team, and customer
- Document simulation architecture and interfaces
- Support delivery of modeling and simulation software
Typically has 9-14 years of professional experience and a technical degree.
You can learn more about Sunnyvale, CA by visiting this link.
- 4+ years of professional experience with C++
- Experience in one or more of the following:
1. Modeling and simulation development
2. Tactical flight software development
3. Missile defense algorithm development
4. System performance analysis
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance; therefore, U.S. Citizenship is required
- Accredited degree in Software Engineering, Data Analytics, or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working in the development phase of a missile defense program on modeling and simulation or software
- Highly proficient with the following programming languages: C++, C, Fortran 77, Python, Linux, YAML
- Experience with GitLab, gcovr, gtest, Digital.ai Agility (VersionOne), Clang, Jira, or other Agile and DevOps tools
- Experience implementing Docker/Container, Kubernetes, OpenShift, or other software infrastructure
- Experience implementing real time simulation in a hardware-in-the-loop laboratory
- Active Secret clearance
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Valid through: 9/23/2021