Millennium Engineering and Integration Services is seeking a Systems Engineer to support NASA’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Traffic Management (UTM) project.
The purpose of the UTM project is to create a prototype air traffic management (ATM) system for small UAS (i.e., drones under 55 lb.). UTM’s primary goal is to allow safe and efficient access to low-altitude airspace for small UAS as they are gradually introduced into the National Airspace System (NAS). For additional information about the UTM project, see NASA’s UTM website: https://utm.arc.nasa.gov.
The UTM systems engineer has to work effectively with senior managers, technical leads and individual contributors in various organizations at Ames Research Center to make sure that sound and appropriate systems engineering practices are implemented consistent with NASA processes and procedural requirements.
- Analyze the design, manage, track and trace system requirements for system performance, configuration, component definition, operational capabilities and cybersecurity.
- Ensure that the UTM project complies with NASA Procedural Requirements (NPR) 7150.2B (NASA Software Engineering Requirements).
- Develop and implement component and system-level test initiatives and technologies that address the design, development, verification, and operation of systems of significant scope and complexity to include both automated and human-in-the-loop systems.
- Work with V&V engineers to develop system test procedures to verify the system requirements.
Experience in a systems engineering/integration role on a significantly sized project, preferably within a research and development environment, is desired. The person should be familiar with agile software development and agile systems engineering principles. Experience in developing system and software requirements, test plans, procedures, and software test execution preferred.
- Model Based Systems Engineering
- Technical writing
- Data analysis
- Vitech CORE
- Atlassian collaboration tools (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
- Microsoft Office
- Scriptinglanguages (e.g., MATLAB, SQL)
Bachelor of Science in engineering or other technical field.