Boeing Defense, Space & Security is seeking mid-level Systems Engineers: Certification/Qualification (Level 3) to join our ASC2 Systems Engineering team to establish plans and requirements for certification documentation of our new domestic and international programs. This position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
This Systems Engineering role requires an understanding of the certification and qualification engineering processes and the ability to communicate engineering requirements and compliance documentation into contractually sound technical packages. The individual must be prepared to learn air worthiness evaluation processes, part of an enthusiastic and hands on team approach, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Some travel may be required, and may be for extended periods of time working away from the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma location.
- The Certification Engineer in this interdisciplinary role, will collaborate to plan, develop and verify a life-cycle balanced system of systems and system solutions for Air Worthiness Compliance. Performs analyses for safety, regulatory, and certification into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. A Certification Engineer will develop the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of compliance management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Participates in preliminary design activities, assisting in the review of preliminary configurations to enhance the ability to certify new products and to minimize future certification risks.
- Gathers the regulatory certification requirements for a specific product. Under general direction, assists certification team in the development of the certification basis proposal and the final negotiation of the certification basis, including resolution of issues, with the regulators. Under general direction, assists in updating the certification basis as required due to product changes to maintain product certification.
- Under general direction, gathers Enterprise, supplier and partner certification data, reviews for accuracy, facilitates necessary changes, communicates pertinent changes, tracks program to certification schedule, documents data corrections, assists program owners in resolving certification issues and transmits certification data to regulators.
- Under general direction, uses the certification plan as a basis to assist in the development of a compliance checklist and track and document that certification basis requirements are met.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Experience leading design review / presentations.
- Experience leading projects and initiatives across multiple functions.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Systems Engineering principles.
Preferred Skills (Assets):
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing certification requirements (Certification Plans, Compliance Matrices, Summary Compliance documents, Means of Compliance requirements and statements, and Certification Basis).
- Experience with developing requirements, performing requirements decomposition; verification of requirements, writing verification requirements; capturing and reviewing verification compliance items for a program. (Experience as a Test Conductor, Test Director, and/or Lead Verification Engineer is a bonus.)
- Experience with DOORS (requirements development, requirements linkage, and verification object linkage preferred).
- Experience working with International Customers in shaping and developing requirements. (Experience writing and capturing FAA and International Airworthiness compliance requirements and documentation a bonus.)
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.