The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer (Level 3) to join the dynamic team at Schriever, AFB, CO.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance (or higher). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
The Systems Engineer (Level 3) on the On-Orbit Operations Support Team supports the Global Positioning System (GPS) IIA and IIF satellite constellation with primary responsibility for the IIF satellite’s Spacecraft Processor (SCP) and associated flight software.
This position will be the technical point of contact for the Space Operations Squadron on questions or concerns relating to the GPS IIF SCP and flight software. Requires experience with satellite on-board processors and flight software, performing subsystem trending and performance analysis, on-call support for anomaly resolution and coordinating activities for routine and special requests. Requires general knowledge of the SCP hardware and software operations, satellite anomaly recovery and root cause corrective action process and applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to satisfying customer/operational needs.
Additional roles and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to customer requests for information/clarification on SCP and associated flight software (i.e. conduct special studies).
- Performing trade-off analysis to weigh feasibility and schedule of testing/analysis against potential risk to spacecraft.
- Evaluates customer and /operational needs to create/modify Orbital Operations Handbook (OOH) procedures and operational procedures (i.e Technical Order (TO)).
- Support customer during special support requests (i.e. commanding verification and telemetry/performance monitoring).
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Experience working in Systems Engineering
- Requires a Bachelor's degree (or higher) education
- Experience with software code
- Experience with processor hardware
- Experience working with military customers and processes
- Direct experience with Satellite Systems Engineering or satellite operations groups, to include other subsystem familiarity
- Orbital mechanics/astrodynamics knowledge
- Computer programming experience (C#, C++,VBA)
Job ID 1700013206