The Boeing Company is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 to join a software and systems engineering project team, assisting with the development and maintenance of complex software and databases used to support the command and control of space vehicles. Team projects require the development of custom application software based on formal system requirements, and the completed systems include COTS hardware and software, commercial database systems and computer networkinfrastructure.
This individual will participate in all phases of the computer system development and system engineering life cycle, including concept of operations development, requirements development and analysis, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation.
Engineering duties will include:
- Develop concepts of operations to meet end user needs
- Serve as the team domain expert for various technical topics
- Develop and lead system designs that satisfy the system requirements
- Focus and support the design of software algorithms that meet performance specifications
- Support the requirements definition and design of graphical user interfaces (GUIs) that meet end user needs
- Support the design of databases that support software application development
- Lead the development of, and author, formal system requirements for computer systems and custom software
- Write use cases that align with end user needs
- Conduct trade studies and lead trade study briefings to support the selection of hardware components, COTS products and algorithm approaches
- Support integration and test activities, to include formal sell-off of requirements
- Support the development of end user documentation
- Support the development of technical proposals for the purpose of acquiring additional work
- Work independently to formulate and execute project plans, and to complete and track assigned tasks
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles to solve engineering problems, creating process-driven documentation, writing and deriving formal requirements, managing project requirements, and producing task schedules;
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office Tools and able to independently produce PowerPoint briefings, MS Project schedules, MS Word Documents, and generate and manipulate Excel files;
- Current security clearance with SSBI. This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Simulation experience with data-driven systems and connectivity to subsystems
- Some knowledge of Web-based tools, such as SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of both Linux or Unix, and Windows based systems;
- Working knowledge and experience with the Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) process and managing/assessing troubleshooting artifacts to include the ability to facilitate RCCA problem solving discussions;
Job ID 1700012088