Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The selected candidate is responsible for participating in the adoption of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)in both customer and company domains; enables the systems engineering readiness process in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; support independent verification, validation and test in support of mission closure; support project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers.
This position requires knowledge of the intelligence community, along with a focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission closure. The customer is implementing an integrated approach to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), which is the formalized application of modeling to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification and validation activities beginning in the conceptual design phase and continuing throughout development and later life cycle phases. MBSE is enabled by tools, technologies, and methodologies that can collectively be called digital engineering. This is not simply analytic modeling, but focused on efficient integration of architecture, requirements, CONOPS, etc. across the systems engineering lifecycle to ensure a more consistent enterprise baseline.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will serve as a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) modeller supporting the many processes, events and projects across the customer's offices.
- Help define and demonstrate the appropriate data standards, data structures, and supporting COTS, GOTS, and Open Source technologies required to manage the data needs. They are a technical resource in the development of customer mission-based models to support major acquisitions.
- Integrate enterprise tools supporting requirements engineering and the customer's ERB process, CONOPS and architecture development, Risk, Issues and Opportunity Management boards, schedule management, test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Support the assessment of engineering artifacts to develop models of mission systems within the customer's Rational Tool Suite including DOORS Next Generation, Rhapsody and other COTS tools.
- Support meetings between the tool and data users and the tool development team and requires a systems engineering background.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to senior managers regarding the creation and implementation of new data MBSE methodologies and techniques.
Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of UML / SysML modeling languages and experienceapplying this common structure to an MBSE solution
- Demonstrated proficiency in using a Rhapsody, MagicDraw or other UML based Architecture tools
- Knowledge of standard DoDAF architectural frameworks
- Experience with systems engineering processes in support of system life cycle development
- Basic knowledge of architecture, requirements engineering, CONOPS development, verification, test and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering
- Experience in MBSE implementation ranging from conceptual to physical implementations; including Data Modeling, Data Ingest, and model query.
- Demonstrated communication skills especially with tools developers and senior government officials
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and
- Ability to lead and influence
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally in the work environment with customers and colleagues
- Responsible and reliable; follows up on actions and the ability to multi task
- Familiarity IBM's Rational Tool Suite, Rhapsody or other UML based architecture and systems engineering tools
- Experience in identifying, architecting, and recommending analytic technologies and solutions in a Big Data and Cloud environment, especially those required for implementation leveraging AWS
- Certified in one or more of the following: SAFe, ITIL, OMG SysML, INCOSE