As a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you are an important member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and driving solutions with Palo Alto Networks’ market leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner lead the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
- Identify and document specific problems at your prospects and customers which can be solved through the deployment of our solutions
- Architect and propose solutions which solve the identified problems in a unique and differentiated way
- Understands most Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on NGFW and some competitor technologies; Continuous technical development
- Gain validation from the prospect that the solution being proposed is compelling and worthy of investment
- Ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Exceed quota
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of relevant technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of our products and solutions, while effectively differentiating against our top competitors
- Create and lead evaluations and proof of concepts that clearly demonstrate the compelling differentiators of Palo Alto Networks’ product portfolio.
- Own, create, and present architecture documents, which clearly articulate the technical and commercial benefits of our solution including the security, operations, and ROI impacts to your top customers and prospects.
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process
- Domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required
- Articulates the Palo Alto Networks value proposition and vision for networksecurity; Effectively engages customers at the technical field and technical management levels
- Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team
- Prior experience selling networkinfrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experienceworking with routing and switching products
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Knowledge of competitor solutions and selling strategies
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing or troubleshootingnetworksecurity products
- Experience with, or knowledge of modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology, networkthreats and malware, forensics and incident response, automation, and end point security products and tech
- Relevant industry certifications – eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.