Systems Engineer - Major Accounts - Nashville
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growingsecurity company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way ofdigital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer 1 (SE1), you are an important member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and driving solutions with Palo Alto Networks’ market leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner own the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobiletechnology initiatives.
- Understand and effectively present Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions.
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions.
- Educate customers and partners on the modernnetworksecuritylandscape.
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical presales activities to opportunity closure.
- Expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts.
- Effectively enable and leverage channel partners and work successfully in a channel-driven sales model.
- Create evaluation test plans with customers, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
- Understand and effectively differentiate from competitive technologies and solutions.
- Understand and be prepared to assist customers through the support escalation process.
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge.
- Participate in technical communities of interest.
- Technical competence: Understands most Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on NGFW and some competitive technologies; Continuous technical development.
- Agenda setting: Effectively articulates the Palo Alto Networks value proposition and vision for networksecurity; Effective in identifying problems in customer environments and positioning Palo Alto Networks solutions; Effectively engages customers at technical field and technical management levels.
- Professional skills: Effective in customer facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem solving skills; focused on continued development and experience.
- Attitude: Takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done.
- Teamwork: Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team.
- Extensive domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required as necessary.
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling networkinfrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches.
- Candidates should have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress.
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills.
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing ).
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends.
- Knowledge of competitive solutions and selling strategies.
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or troubleshootingnetworkinfrastructuresecurity products.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, modern datacenter and cloud infrastructure and technology.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, modernnetworkthreats and malware.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, networkforensics and incident response.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, automation and orchestration tools and technologies.
- Relevant Palo Alto Networks certification – eg PCSNE, PSE, ACE, etc.
- Relevant industry certifications – eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.