LMI is a not-for-profit government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value.
We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
LMI, a private government consulting firm, is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join the expanding San Antonio regional office. LMI provides leaders with the objective analysis, tools, and program support needed to deliver value. With more than 50 years of experience, LMI serves more than 40 U.S. agencies, as well as government organizations around the world in the civil, healthcare, and national security sectors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
This position requires a B.S. in computer science, management information systems, engineering, or a related field. The candidate will work with a team of domain experts to perform an IT hardware and software asset inventory and application rationalization in support of federal agencies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, engineering, or a related field.
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience.
- Basic understanding of passive discovery concepts, vulnerability scanning and network discovery.
- IT and Cybersecurity conversant.
- Familiarity with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Industrial Control System (ICS) terminology.
- Subject matter expertise with HW/SW related to ICS, Utilities Management Software and Smart Meters.
- Ability to conduct and interpret network scans using tools such as Nessus, Nmap, and SolarWinds or other IT asset management software.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to work with a team of analysts and domain experts.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers and team members to solve problems.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data using Microsoft Access, Excel, or other tools.
- Knowledge of ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment Solution).
- Knowledge of SCADA ICS tools such as Grassmarlin and Cyber Security Evaluation Tool Set.
- Familiarity with application rationalization methods such as Gartner’s TIME (Tolerate, Invest, Migrate, or Eliminate) methodology.
- Knowledge of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Inventorying for HW and SW.
- Familiarity with passive wireless discovery and mapping IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks: NetStumbler, Kismet, Flying Squirrel (Caribou, Woodchuck, and MeerCAT-FS).
- Familiarity with the Army General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS)
- Knowledge of information systems and experience working with federal agencies desired.
Job ID 2017-1492