Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. experience your future working on the F-35 Full Mission Simulator (FMS) that supports the hottest fighter jet in the sky!
This position on the F-35 Training Pilot Training Device (PTD) will be responsible for a broad variety of systems engineering tasks associated with the development of Concepts of Operations (CONOPs), system architecture & requirements, detailed designs, and implementation of new capabilities for the F-35 Full Mission Simulator (FMS). This selected candidate will support new capability development for this training device to minimize project risks, improve work product quality, reduce total cost over the system life cycle and improve communications between all stakeholders. Interaction with the F-35 program office and subject matter experts will be required to insure requirements decomposition and fan-out meet warfighter needs. Additionally, the candidate should have a background in Risk and Opportunity Management (ROM), Agile software development processes, system architecture performance, and metrics development and tracking to support new program initiatives as well as current program performance. The Systems Engineer will support design, development and test of complex systems. Tasks include: Development and Analysis of system requirements, development of specifications and test procedures, conduct subsystem and system Integration and Test, formal system acceptance testing, problem documentation and resolution in support to in-house and fielded systems.
This position is part of the F-35 Training Systems organization at the Lockheed Martin Orlando facility at Lake Underhill but supports multiple locations across the F-35 Training System enterprise.
• Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related science/engineering discipline
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to work within a team environment
• Knowledge/Experience with F-35 Training System pilot training device architecture, hardware and software
• Knowledge/Experience with systems engineering total lifecycle for complex hardware/software systems including 2-3 years of experience in new capability development
• Knowledge/Experience with Concept of Operations (CONOPs) development and role in Systems Engineering
• Knowledge/Experience with Systems Engineering role in Requirements Decomposition
• Knowledge/Experience with of Systems Engineering role in Detailed Design development
• Knowledge/Experience with Systems Engineering role in Risk and Opportunity Management
• Knowledge/Experience with Systems Engineering role in Metrics development and tracking
• Knowledge/Experience with Systems Engineering role maintaining training devices for operations (pilots)
• Knowledge/Experience with Systems Engineering role in an environment of rigorous hardware/software baseline configuration techniques
• Knowledge/Experience with working in and environment with a rigorous, complex change management system/workflow
• Knowledge/Experience with networked training systems systems/programs and corresponding network requirements
• Knowledge/Experience with communication skills (verbal and written) with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels (up/down/parallel) both within an organization and with external stakeholders (customers, users, suppliers)
• Knowledge/Experience in Integration & Test activities, Verification and Validation testing and formal system acceptance.
• Secret security clearance with ability to obtain and maintain F-35 Program Access
• Familiarity with F-35 Training System and hardware/software configuration management and product change workflow
• Knowledge/Experience with Agile team software development with multiple teams on large programs
• Knowledge/Experience with large scale system architecture performance and metric tracking
• Knowledge/Experience with Enterprise Architect (EA) Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
• Knowledge/Experience with 4th/5th generation electronic warfare and stores management systems
• Knowledge/Experience with current fighter munitions systems that apply to domestic and foreign military sales Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First
Job ID: 462639BR