$80K — $100K *
Program: Advanced Programs
Description:There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable, or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest, baddest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and collaboration.
And where the solutions don't exist? We invent them.
So, if you're looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you're looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you're looking for a career that's just as fun as it is hard work, well...you know.
Join us today and let's make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
About our Mission
What does this role look like?
The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program) is looking for elite talent in Software Development and Testing to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75+ year tradition in next generation aircraft engineering and development. Some examples include aircraft like the F35 Lightning II or the P8 Poseidon and P3 Maritime surveillance to name a few.
To be successful, you will need to:
- POSSESS AN ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
- This position requires a software engineer to use a wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the software field to develop, integrate, and test software products.
- Have a background in the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, as well as integration and flight test.
- Experience with Java/C++ coding languages, object oriented architectures, and object oriented design (must have).
- Have an understanding of avionics services including ground station development as well as mission systems software technologies.
- Understand Integration activities related to a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments including constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
- Successful candidates will be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic with an understanding of time management.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills including being proficient in pro-active communication to help facilitate and develop strong working relationships with co-workers and customers, sitting at different locations across the country.
- The ability to travel on occasion for team interaction and integration and test activities is required.
Benefits of Employment:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you'll have excellent benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, supportive, and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whether you're new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on-site. Whatever your interests, there's likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area, and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
King of Prussia PA.
-Effective oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment.
- Bachelor Or above Degree in a Technical Engineering Discipline.
- Possess an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Modular Open Mission Systems Development
- Mil Std 6016
- Agile Software Development
- Agile Process Tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Virtual Machines (Virtual Box)
- Requirements generation and system interface development
- UML design documentation
- XML technologies for configuration and run-time messaging, including schema (XSD) and transforms (XSLT)
- Object Oriented (OO) Design
- Linux Operating System
- Configuration Management Systems (e.g. Git)
- Embedded software and systems design and integration
- Secret or Top Secret DoD Clearance
- Mission management software
- Message processing
- Demonstrated communication skills
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Software
Valid through: 6/10/2021