In this position you will:
- Conduct mission/program specific real time spacecraft/satellite flight operations during readiness, execution and evaluation phases.
- Develop detailed plans and procedures to provide maximum mission support in areas such as orbit dynamics, satellite performance analysis, command and control of on-orbit satellites.
- Provides technical direction for on orbit mission support, plans for critical vehicle malfunctions and recommends alternate operating techniques to continue maximum mission support.
- Provide failure analysis of the performance of the orbiting satellites via telemetry data
- Utilizes system software to accomplish all spacecraft control tasks and recommends improvements. Analyzes and validates software performance. Performs flight length orbit adjust and daily special event studies.
- Requires successful completion of a certification program
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Will require some 24x7 Operational support on rotating shifts
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI required for this role
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or related military or operations experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Prior Operations experience
- This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to have a TS/SCI
- Experience working with on-orbit spacecraft or satellite flight operations and/or excellent communications skills.
- Experience with Operations, Test and Vehicle Engineering