Job Description :
Avionics System (Mission System) Integration & Test engineer, responsible for performance of avionics system integration test and support of flight test for the Integrated Fighter Group (IFG) F-16, F-22 & FA-50/T-50 aircraft.
This assignment includes laboratory System Integration testing and Avionics Integration flight testing of Communication, Navigation and Identification (CNI), Data Link, Radar/Sensors, Stores/Weapons, Displays, and Mission Computer systems.
Tasks will include test planning, development of laboratory and aircraft checkout test procedures, conduct of avionics system integration lab testing and analysis of test data/results, development of flight test objectives and procedures, support of avionics flight test locally and on-site at US Air Force Test Centers and customer locations, and performance of system level verification testing.
The position also includes the support of other IPT-activities affected by the system and flight test integration including flight test operations, instrumentation, production aircraft delivery, test station, software, training & training systems, subsystem & weapons, support equipment, and T.O. development. Shift work to support 24 hour lab schedules is required.
Must be a US Citizen. This position will require a government security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Aerospace Engineering.
- Physically able to access aircraft cockpit test fixtures and conduct lab testing for typical 6 hour test shifts.
- Excellent technical and communications skills (verbal & written) are required. Desire/ability to work in a laboratory environment.
- Understanding of electrical wiring diagrams, schematics and engineering drawings.
- Proficient in data analysis, problem identification/isolation, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite applications, Document Processors, Databases, technical graphics, etc.