Alion is seeking an Systems Engineer in support of United States INDOPACOM operations. Specifically, the candidate will provide operational level and systems support to the Joint Theater Level Simulation – Global Operations (JTLS-GO) application and supporting IT infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for performing information systems design, development, and analysis encompassing one or more of the following areas of technical expertise: programming, PC application analysis, software development, systems integration, and related disciplines.
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will provide operational and system level support for JTLS-GO application within INDOPACOM, offering systems and engineering administration solutions, system design/analysis capabilities, and subject-matter expertise to support INDOPACOM mission operations. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation of the Joint Theater Level Simulation-Global Operations (JTLS-GO) system for the purposes of building, adjusting, running and analyzing operational scenario
- Provide technical expertise to mine for data, and incorporate emerging data into the JTLS-GO database
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative modeling and analysis using extensive operational and technical experience to find integrated solutions to warfighting challenges
- Work closely with other team members to develop highly-accurate databases and among cross-functional teams to support the JTLS-GO systems and encompassed IT infrastructure
- Provide support to employees and monitors, supports, and troubleshoots infrastructure issues
- Analyze and perform troubleshooting to resolve issues and/or escalate for further analysis and resolution
- Performs complex and advanced engineering work in design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation in support of system development, engineering analysis and research for INDOPACOM.
- Serves as program technical team lead. Prioritizes technical issues, plans technical approach, and works with program managers to develop schedules and staffing plans to supportprogram delivery milestones.
- Supports program risk identification and management activities. Coordinates the application of the organization's technical resources when required.
- Conducts independent technical investigations and provides impact assessments and design recommendations to clients. Provides assurance that technical projects are performed in a technically proficient manner and ensures conclusions and recommendations are supported by the analyses presented.
- Complies with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties. Establishes and monitors standards for internal quality programs. Provides recommendations for improvements to existing quality systems or applicable company procedures and guidelines.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, or related field.
- Eight years of Operations Research or equivalent experience.
- A MS or PhD in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields is highly desired and we may substitute 15+ years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Possess working knowledge with database management systems (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Possess capability to write scripts to retrieve data from a database management system (e.g., SQL Statements)
- Strong familiarity with military operations, specifically with operations within the INDOPACOM Theater
- Working knowledge of the Synthetic Theater Operations Research Model (STORM)
- Expert knowledge of relevant tools, equipment, hardware, and software, to include an understanding of emerging technologies and a familiarity with machine learning and related analytical tools
- Excellent customer and organizational level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Other Requirements
- US Citizenship and have an active Top Secret (TS) clearance with at least eligibility for SCI
- The candidate must reside or be willing to re-locate to Oahu, HI
- Candidate must be able to occasionally travel for training and/or program execution (both CONUS and OCONUS locations)