As a Systems Engineer, you will support the U.S. Navy in the design, development, installation, testing and troubleshooting of Control, Navigation and Network systems on US Navy ships. The selected candidates will be interfacing with U.S. Navy civilian engineers, program managers and logisticians as well as equipment manufacturers.
- Contract SpecificationsMust be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:Functioning as a test engineer, provide system installation, testing and troubleshooting support.
- Perform software and hardware integration testing.
- Develop and execute test procedures.
- Strong focus on remote support/troubleshooting as well as on-site support for Navy ships.
- Interface with US Navy engineers, OEMs and vendors to prepare equipment for installation, testing and troubleshooting
- Required Education, Skills, and Experience:Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Experience within industry as a system, electrical, computer and/or electronics engineer
- Experience troubleshooting hardware/software systems
- Experience reading electrical schematics
- Experience troubleshooting network based systems
- Previous Navigation, Machinery Controls, Steering Controls, or Networks troubleshooting experience preferred
- Computer networking experience/familiarity
- LAN setup/DHCP/IP configuration settings
- TCP/IP, UDP, routing tables, network diagnostics, LAN troubleshooting
- Linux, Java and C/C++ experience desired
- Windows Operating System experience/familiarity
- Windows setup/configuration/troubleshooting
- Computer hardware experience/familiarity
- PC troubleshooting and repair, diagnosing hardware/software interface problems
- Experience with PLCs and the I/O devices a plus
- Physical Demands and Expectations:Thisposition may require up to 30% travel, executing shipboard install and start-up.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
- Must be willing and able to safely work aboard Navy vessels while in a production environment, pier side, or while underway.
- Maneuvering around tight spaces in the test lab by climbing, ducking and stooping
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization, our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, innovation, professionalism, and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
- BenefitsAffordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their families
- Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
- Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
- Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
- Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules and Relaxed Dress Code
- Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
- Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
- Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more