We are seeking a Senior to Staff level Systems Engineer to join the Deposition Product Group (DGP) Concept and Feasibility (C&F) hardware team. Your engineering expertise will support DPG through tactical and strategic R&D projects; improving speed to solution and closing roadmap gaps. Typical projects will be focused on rapid evaluation of feasibility of concepts and design/technology ideas across a broad range of semiconductor process technologies relevant within Deposition (plasma and thermal, CVD and ALD). Typical projects might also include strategically relevant subsystem-widget development that feed into Lam’s existing or new products
- Chamber hardware design experience across a breadth of semiconductor process technologies
- Analytical bent of mind; can handle basic physics associated with area of expertise
- Hands-on lab/experimental experience
- Can think outside the box to conceive and design parts and test rigs to evaluate new concepts quickly and efficiently - “fast fail or succeed” and learn correct lessons from the fast fails
- Ability to do what it takes to get to solution; at ease “wearing many different hats” to complete projects in a small group environment
- Can adjust to changing work content and changing design requirements or specifications on a given project; can contribute to and enjoys blank sheet of paper situations
- Quickly acquires new skills; self-starter willing to research new technologies/methods as needed
- Communicates well among diverse teams (process engineers, technicians, software/controls, suppliers, etc.) and likes making lasting connections and relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred) or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years of industry experience; Master’s degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 3 years’ experience in the semiconductor capital equipment industry.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD tools is required for Mechanical Engineering candidates; proficiency with power, digital controls, system level interconnect design for Electrical engineering candidates.