Georgia-Pacific has an opening for a Systems Engineer position in DeQuincy, LA. If you are motivated by working with your hands, learning new and exciting tasks, and working with teammates toward a common goal, this is may be the job for you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Working experience and knowledge with DCS, PLC and HMI programming
- Implement Control strategies
- Develop and lead implementation of strategies to optimize on-going operations using the automation platform in conjunction with the operations, maintenance and engineering staffs at the mill
- Lead the skill development of existing electrical staff.
- Assist operations in process troubleshooting and repairs of electrical and controls systems (DC and AC up to 4160V).
- Carry out project work including project management for managing contractors, schedules, scope development, budgets, checkout, commissioning and start-up
- Documentation of systems
- Working knowledge of machine control networking with a understanding of tcp/ip protocols.
- Ability to install, set-up, and troubleshoot variable frequency drives and AB PLC’s.
- Instrument, control equipment, and analyzer specification
- Troubleshoot and develop repair strategies for new and existing plant controls equipment and field devices; including DCS networking
- Support reliability of plant process controls equipment
- Lead compliance with electrical safe work practices
What You Will Need:
- Five (5) years previous industrial control systems experience
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends or holidays
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Process control engineering experience in support of lumber, pulp and paper, or engineered wood.