We are looking for a junior to mid-level systems engineer with experience in SysML, specifically CAMEO version 19, to develop a model based systems engineering (MBSE) representation of a complex system of systems involving optical, electronic, mechanical, embedded software and multi-level cross domain IT systems. The MBSE model will be used to derive and capture system specifications and design trades. The work can be done in Herndon, VA or Severn, MD.
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and Works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- esigns interfaces and brings system elements together so they work together as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES A TS/SCI WITH POLYLGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE..
- High school with 9+ years of experience, Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 3 - 4yrs of experience, or a Master's with 0-2 yrs of experience.
- Experience with frequent use and application of technical standards, principles and theories.
- Experience with workjing under general supervision, providing solutions to technical problems of moderate scope/complexity.
About the Organization
KeyW is a pure-play national security solutions provider for the Intelligence, Cyber and Counterterrorism Communities' toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full spectrum of their missions. We employ and challenge more than 2,000 of the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyberthreats, transforming data into intelligence and combating global terrorism.