KBR is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Team!
You will be a high-performing member of Systems Engineering team supporting NAVAIR PMA-231 with the Advanced Hawkeye Command and Control platform. You will team with other System Engineering professionals in providing technical support for all phases of system requirements development, conducting independent technical analyses, evaluation, and assessment of system requirements, requirements development, documentation and verification.
- Generates and assist in the development of Statement of Work (SOW) language and Technical Assessment Reports (TAR) documents.
- Utilizes Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) to trace requirements from Weapons System Specifications (WSS) to System Specifications (SS) to Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) and generating technical reports and briefings to keep the customer informed.
- Works hand-in-hand with primary contract vendors to ensure requirements adherence and in turn, secure the confidence of the NAVAIR stakeholder in the fielded system.
- Interfaces on a daily basis with government and other contractor personnel in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related technical field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of engineering experience in the analysis, design, development, integration, operation, testing and evaluation of aircraft or weapons systems is required with four (4) of those years occurring within the last eight (8) years.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A current Secret Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 6 years is required.
- Knowledge of DoD systems engineering requirements, design interface requirements and specification development is required.
- Systems engineering related to acquisition of government systems
- Systems engineering requirements development and verification
- Technical evaluation and assessment of acquisition requirements documentation such as Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and Contract Deliverables (CDRLs)
- Development/assessment of systems engineering plans; ability to work in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Professionalism and customer service.
- Travel: 10-20% travel may be required.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.