Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution. Develops integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems. Directs overall system level testing. Has programmatic or technical knowledge identifying, formulating, designing and/or testing practical solutions to engineering problems and guide the engineering development of modern systems; and to employ systems engineering methods and tools in the development of systems. Integrating, planning, coordinating, and facilitating information system related activities such as upgrade of hardware and software, program and system design development of computer network software, and implementation of internet and intranet site software. Assists in the upkeep, maintenance and security of networks. Analyzing the computer and information needs of the organization from an operational and strategic perspective and determines immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements; ensuring the availability, continuity, and security of data and information technology. Recommending and supporting process improvement initiatives.
Minimum Education Required:
• MA/MS in Engineering, Computer Science or related IT discipline.
• ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience can be substituted for an MSor MA degree.
Minimum Experience Required:
• Ten (10) years of experience in a "Relevant Engineering/Science Field".
• Of the ten (10) years' experience, a minimum of three (3) years' experience as system analyst.
• Experience in requirements definition, system design development, and documentation.
• Experience performing logical and physical system design and reviews and prepares system documents and specifications.
• Experience conducting technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with system; preparing reports, studies and documentation.
• Experience addressing special problem areas and administering solutions to complex areas of the network, including security analysis and planning.
• IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of TOA or hiring).