This position is responsible for providing virtualization, server, storage and other data center infrastructure expertise to the IP Pathways customer base. This position will also aid in the deployment, management, and support of the various managed services, cloud services, colocation services, and other services offered out of the IP Pathways' carrier grade data center. An additional duty will be to provide technical mentoring for more junior engineers on the team. As a consultant, this position must also provide a high-level of professionalism and must possess excellent soft skills in addition to technical skills.
- Always work to maintain a high-level of customer satisfaction
- Always strive for continual improvement in everything we do
- Provide data center infrastructure expertise to customers
- Support of IP Pathways' data center infrastructure and services
- Includes participating in an on-call rotation (3-5 weeks total per year)
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 – 5 years of experiencesupporting or implementing technology solutions
- Enterprise storage systems experience
- Virtualization technologies, especially VMware
- Microsoft Server operating systems
- Experience with Exchange, SQL, NetApp and Cisco is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to multitask and maintain high-levels of quality
- Must be able to work as a valued member in a team environment
Physical Abilities Required
Ability to rack servers, switches, and other data center equipment.