Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris Alpha is conducting a search for a Systems Engineer to join our AnalyticTradecraft andTechnology team building mission-critical cloud analytic ptototypes within a cloud computing framework. This Systems Engineer will be working with a small team providing subject matter expertise and highly technical assistance in prototype development on emergingtechnologies, leveraging results to detect, understand, and evaluate adversarial and malicious activity. In addition, candidate will perform requirements analysis, testing, and integration of hardware and software applications.
• Eighteen years of experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline.
• Ten years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, AQ, Risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid to large-scale.
• Ten years operational experience with Cyber or Cyber support
• Experience in engineering and program process, planning, designing and analyzing processes in storage retrieval systems.
• Familiar with coding as it affects system development, including knowledge of how C++, Perl, and Java work.
TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required
A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering may be substituted for four years of general experience. A Master’s degree in computer science engineering, mathematics, or related discipline, may be substituted for two years of general experience.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.