Systems Engineer / Integrator
Job Description: The Systems Engineering & Integration for the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence program delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the missions of its customer. This program is chartered to provide technical leadership for many of NGA’s highest priorities, including the International and Resiliency Modernization (IMOD) Project. IMOD services are designed as modernized information technology solutions, integration and engineering providing capabilities to users worldwide. The IMOD project has a need for an experienced systems integrator to lead the definition of future IMOD initiatives, and manage related project efforts. Reporting directly to the IMOD Project Lead, the Systems Integrator supports the portfolio of IMOD Projects and leverages matrix resources to execute on customer objectives.
- Assesses IMOD technologies (current and future), and ensures the project captures innovative tradecraft, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Works closely with International Partners and Product owners to manage the features backlog and adjust development focus as required to meet mission objectives.
- Performs technical systems analysis of alternatives (AoA) and recommendations on IMOD services implementation and operations.
- Performs technical planning to drive an integrated IMOD roadmap that ensures requisite capabilities and services are available to meet mission and GEOINT community user needs and across other Modernization Initiatives.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute time-phased epics and effectivities for migrating capabilities into the operational baseline.
- Supports the identification, tracking, mitigation, and resolution technical risks and issues to ensure the timely, functionally efficient, and cost effective stand-up of new capabilities.
- Conducts IMOD user outreach to communicate planned architecture changes, operational concepts, and project status, and accept user inputs for optimization of delivery plans.
Required Education and Experience:
Active TS/SCI Clearance.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / CS / Math / Science / or related technical experience .
10+ years of systems engineering, systems integration, or systems development experience.
1+ years of related experience with NGA or its IC partners.
1+ years technical experience supporting NSG systems, segments and architectures.
1+ years of experience in systems definition and development oversight.
Demonstrated ability to identify technology gaps in capabilities and processes.
Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences.
Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel; ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Excellent written/verbal communications, technical/non-technical presentation skills.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree or certification in a technical field.
- Engineering GEOINT intel exploitation production services and capabilities.
- Experience with Agile engineering and development methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NSG programs to include both legacy systems, as well as key concepts for future vision and services.
- Exposure to national, tactical, and commercial data collectors and associated collection tasking and feasibility processes.
- 2+ years of experience in system interface engineering or interface analysis.
- 1+ years of experience with NGA portfolio initiatives.
- 1+ years of experience in technical coordination across the IC.