At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Integration & Test Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will develop and implement software integration plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
This position performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and cost and risk for total systems. Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. Development and execution of comprehensive test plans, system integration test procedures and schedules for completing systems. Helps coordinate integrated testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program. Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
Ideal candidate would also have background in the design and development of system architectures, and definition of key capabilities and performance requirements.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 14 years of system engineering experience OR
- · Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 12 years of system engineering experience
- · 14+ years of experience with document writing skills with attention to details
- · Previous customer interface
- · 14+ years of experience working in a Systems lab with test equipment for documentation purposes is a plus
- · 14+ years of experience writing or executing System Test Plans and System Test Procedures
- · In Scope DoD Secret Clearance or higher and the ability to maintain it throughout employment
- · Additional knowledge/experience in creating System block
- · Basic familiarity with aircraft systems