The Mission Networks organization delivers advanced, technology-based solutions that solve government and commercial customers’ mission-critical challenges. The organization supports the global aviation community with advanced systems and services that significantly increase the safety, security and capacity of global air traffic management systems to meet the growing demand of air transportation operations. Harris is committed to modernizing global air traffic management to meet the aviation challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Support the Integrated Business System (IBS) environment for the next-gen networksupporting the FAA.
- Evaluate, as needed, the existing provisioning tools ecosystem for their ability to support advanced network services
- ID solutions which maximize automation of service provisioning tasks
- Architect the advanced networking provisioning system for the next-gen FAA network.
- Effort includes provisioning workflow, provisioning support tools (Service impact assessment, field dispatch) and all back office support tools
- Serve as a technical interface between Harris and the customers’ engineering staffs.
- Engage with customer engineering, operations, and management personnel to define and document the customer’s CONOPS and requirements.
- Decompose requirements and allocate them to different subsystems or cross-functional domains (i.e., SW).
- Conduct trade studies as required for designing solutions for customer needs.
- Lead design review efforts and hold design reviews with internal and/or external stakeholders, and ensure design reviews are planned, executed, and action items closed.
- Lead efforts to follow systems engineering processes throughout the lifecycle of the product or service
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or a related field), and a minimum of 6 years of applicable experience.
- Experience in the Systems Engineering Lifecycle.
- Previous systems engineering leadership experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent (MSEE, MSCE, MSSE, MCS [computer science] or a related field)
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNP preferred but not required
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP & Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Self-starter, with high initiative and drive.
- Team-player, able to work in a large program environment and have good communications skills.
- Familiarity with FAA programs
- Experience with SD-WAN, Network Function Virtualization, SDN Software Defined Networking
- Experience with WAN Optimization and Virtualization products from any of these: Cisco/Viptela, Talari, Riverbed, Silver Peak, Aryaki, Citrix Virtualization
Job Code: ES20182803-24062