Location: United States - New Jersey - Clifton
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: Engineering - Systems
Base Salary - $100,000 to $130,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Has experience building the system, NOT managing. more of an Engineer, than tickets
WHY WE'RE A GREAT COMPANY
From protecting the security of our nation…to exploring the universe…to providing insights for better business decisions, Harris meets today's most complex challenges with complete remote sensing and intelligence system solutions.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
DoD 8570 Certification
Type 1 certification
During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for a Senior Specialist, Systems Engineering (Information Security) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Clifton, New Jersey. The selected candidate will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
• Lead Type 1 Certification activities as required for assigned programs
• Perform functional analysis, trade studies, requirement derivation and allocation to translate customer Information Security requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Work with other engineering disciplines to implement and verify security technology
• Provide technical leadership to development teams at internal and external gate reviews such as technical baseline reviews and design reviews
• Act as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders
• Conduct complex security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate issues
• 6+ years with a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• DoDI 8570 IAT or IA SAE Level 2 compliant professional certification (i.e. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CISSP (or Associate), CSSLP)
• Experience with security assessment and authorization activities for DoD Information Systems, e.g. RMF, Type 1, etc.
• Experience developing and executing system test procedures
• Understanding of FPGA simulation process and how it can be used to verify functionality
• Understanding and ability to read VHDL, C, C++, and C# code
• Experience writing software to automate tasks, such as data processing, encryption, etc.
• Information Systems Security Engineering or Systems Engineering experience, working on system security architecture development, implementation, integration, or test
• Understanding of DoD PKI
• Hands-on knowledge of IPsec configuration with Windows and Linux PCs
• Experience with IA and AT certification requirements
• Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
• Experience with Model Based System Engineering (UML, SysML, DoDAF)
Please be aware this position requires a Secret Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.