Systems Engineer – Industrial Automation Solutions
Siemens Industry – Digital Factory: The Factory Automation business unit has a Systems Engineer position with a focus on industrial automation systems using a Siemens-centric architecture.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
- • Acts as the technical lead for the most strategic account conversion opportunities and actively participates in the account strategy with the sales and business development organization
- • Applies acquired process, application, product and/or equipment knowledge based on current industry trends, best practices, performance, price and functionality to define the future automation strategy for major strategic accounts
- • Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and solution prototypes to respond to customer’s request for proposals with the most compelling approach while also minimizing potential risk factors
- • Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs
- • Provides technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
A Systems Engineer is experienced in automation architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting complex solutions. This position requires an individual with very strong technical selling skills and the ability to think outside-of-the-box to address the most complex applications with the most compelling arguments. The systems engineer actively participates on a product/technology “core” team focusing on at least one specific product area such as Safety, SCADA, Networking, or Motion Control.
- • Technical SkillsRequired
- • Controllers (PLCs)
- • Networking
- • HMI Panels
- • SCADA
- • PC-Based Automation
- • Machine Safety
- • Motion Control and Drives
- • Engineering Soft SkillsRequired
- • Solution fitting
- • Proof of concept
- • Tech selling
- • Mentoring
- • Bachelor of Science in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
- • Typically 5-10 years of experience in automation/motion control systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as described above.
- • Travel 50%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- • Prior Siemens automation experience is a plus
- • Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives
- • Strategic Agility: Is future oriented. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Strong in influencing without control
- • Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks
- • Business acumen: Knows how business works and is aware how the strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends and information affecting the business
- • Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization. Is able to work effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities
- • Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and services
Requisition Number: 223052