Working under the guidance of the Director of IT Infrastructure, the Windows Systems Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and support of critical pieces of infrastructure including and not limited to hardware, application software, hypervisors, load balancers, environmentals and virtual and physical servers. This role is responsible for the global infrastructure data center footprint.
What you'll be doing:
- Planning and executing updates and upgrades to Microsoft server platforms.
- Deploying server updates using tools like SCCM and Ivanti.
- Using your hypervisor knowledge and experience performing VSphere\VMware administration.
- Interacting with networks on a basic level that requires and understanding of vLans, VOIP systems, and basic switch configuration.
- Working with Microsoft Windows server performing DNS, DHCP, AD, GPO administration.
- Perform SCOM administration and remediation. Involves diagnosing and troubleshooting incidents.
- Reviewing system and application logs to identify potential issues with application systems.
- Supporting SQL Enterprise HA environments and ensuring redundancy and database optimization.
- Racking and Stacking new hardware and removing and decommissioning end of life systems.
- Documenting the configuration of new and existing systems with a commitment to keep relevant data updated in the repository for operational documentation.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, networks, systems and key processes, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Working with monitoring tools like SolarWinds, VSOM, Nutanix to be proactive and effective in remediating potential problems before they cause an incident.
- Perform backup administration using software tools such as Veeam and Backup Exec.
What we're looking for:
- University or college degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science or equivalent in certifications and years of work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years Information Technology systems administration/engineering experience.
- Microsoft Certifications are an asset.
- VMWare Certifications are an asset.
- Nutanix Implementation and supporting role an asset.
- Documentation skills and understanding the need to document very important.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player attitude and be someone who embraces collaborations across global teams.
- Ability to take the initiative, be a self-starter and get things done.
- Engineering mindset that pays attention to detail and looks for opportunity to build and automate process.
- Ability to effectively multi-task various project deliverables at the same time while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to consistently apply standardized solutions, naming conventions and configuration and collaborate with other team members for information as it pertains to building an environment that adheres to the Global IT Infrastructure guidelines.
- Attention to detail and ability to create consistent and clear documentation for users.