CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We're creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you're passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Systems Engineer lll (Windows Server/Virtualization) to perform project work for new and existing customer and client server based applications that are secure, scalable, and robust.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Build and support physical and virtualized servers in a highly regulated environment.
- Perform infrastructure maintenance activities such as: patching, capacity planning, monitoring, configuration management, troubleshooting and resolving highly complex production problems.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- With tenure/maturity, creates and maintains complex systems for the benefit of internal and external customers.
- Build and maintain systems in such a way that exceeds regulatory requirements.
- Ensure security is and remains critical in the design requirements and in the implementation of infrastructure.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners to assist in the requirements definition process, and gain a clear understanding of the appropriate business requirements.
- Play a key role in working with the project team members to develop requirements, scope documents and project estimates.
- Provide oversight to project team members on infrastructure best practices.
- Lead the creation of technical design documents on complex projects.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree, technical training, or equivalent experience can be substituted for degree.
- 5-7+ years' experience with Microsoft Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory Server, Microsoft O365, and Internet Applications.
- 3+ years' experience with virtualization technologies including VMWare vSphere and/or other virtualization technologies.
- Strong experience with VDI on VMWare Horizon is required.
- Prior experience with cloud technologies required. Azure would be preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols, LANs/WANs, telecommunications networks and application software.
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as PCI-DSS is highly preferred.
- Competent in creating and maintaining system scripts, user and group administration, security, tuning, configuration and monitoring of servers.
- Experience following ITIL standards.
- Prior leadership and mentoring to other system engineers.
- Proven experience creating and updating documentation as part of infrastructure implementations.
- Proven ability to write and/or implement scripts for automation.
- Analytical, design and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot system defects and mitigate the risks and issues they cause.
- Skilled in research and analysis, project planning and implementation. Understanding and awareness of the business impact of critical incidents.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.