SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies a variety of propulsion, life support and thermal control systems for a variety of spacecraft including the Dream Chaser Cargo System, the Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. SNC is creating the future of space transportation is now.
The Systems Engineer reports to the Program Manager on the program he/she is supporting and works in concert with the Project Engineer and lead functional engineers in execution of the program. The Systems Engineer is the technical lead of the engineering team and is the Program Manager’s technical liaison. The Systems Engineer is responsible for decomposition of requirements, generation and allocation of specifications, control documents, plans and reports in support of the development. The Systems Engineer supports programs from the early phases of program capture through integration and test. The Systems Engineer should have intimate knowledge of the product technology and a good working knowledge of the associated engineering disciplines.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serve as the technical liaison between the customer and the Program Manager
- Define and analyzes system architectures, including the technical feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components, and sub-systems
- Interpret customer requirements and decompose them into sub-system and component requirements
- Create sub-system and component specifications, interface control documents/drawings, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports or other documentation in support of aerospace flight hardware development activities
- Manage requirements with the DOORS software package, including requirement traceability and verification/validation documentation
- Tracks system level resources (e.g., power, mass, volume and crew time)
- Reviews and approves design documentation
- Coordinates the development of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems
- Provides configuration management of all design documentation
- Creates plans, budgets and schedules to organize and delegate work
- Coordinates internal and external design reviews
- Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to SNC standards and customer requirement
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Provides support for leadership oversight and ensuring Department/Team training
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- 6+ relevant professional engineering experience
- Either formal education/training or direct work experience in Systems Engineering is required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams