KAB Laboratories, Inc. , a wholly-owned subsidiary of Epsilon Systems Solutions, focused on software development and systems engineering for complex Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) systems, is offering a unique opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer with exceptional domain knowledge of Satellite Systems, Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), and Integration and Test (I&T) towork on solving challenging engineering problems. In addition, there will be an opportunity to help strategically position our company for new opportunities in the satellite and C5ISR tradespace. Our engineering efforts provide the warfighter withcommon enterprise solutions to improve information sharing and combat effectiveness. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment – read on!
Job Summary: The Senior Systems Engineer (SIGINT-SATCOM) blends engineering expertise and understanding of defense acquisition to enable company goals. He or she will assist the government in developing solutions for complex engineering problems; support engineering teams in successfully delivering services to our customers; support company strategies to identify, coordinate and succeed in winning engineering efforts; and perform essential customer interface to optimally position the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs on-site systems engineering, integration and test (I&T), and deployment support to facilitate the integration and evaluation of developed SIGINT and SATCOM capabilities.
- Develops and executes test plans, and provides engineering support for prototype demonstrations and fleet evaluations.
- Provides expert technical guidance in realizing operational requirements, system design, research in emerging technologies, and integration of GOTS/COTS capabilities into Navy and Defense Information Warfare architectures.
- Participates in meetings, working groups, technical discussions, and program reviews associated with the work performed on this project to increase knowledge and understanding of the technical requirements for the research, development, integration, test/experimentation, and delivery of end products to the user.
- Conducts analyses of market opportunities and performs gap analysis between customer needs and current group offerings to identify potential future capabilities.
- Develops strategies and tactical actions that results in a robust pipeline of qualified and actionable opportunities in the DoD marketplace.
- Supports business development activities associated with identification, qualification, capture, and bid activities including defining win strategies, creating teaming plans, and identifying competitive discriminators.
- Engages with customers and teammates early in the capture process to shape opportunity requirements.
- Contributes to staffing/resource planning and associated HR recruiting for SIGINT-related efforts.
- Coordinates with customers on executing program objectives.
- Travels to support company objectives.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance IMMEDIATELY. Must have had an active TS/SCI within the last two years.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university. A master's degree is strongly preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience in military operations, SATCOM and/or SIGINT architectures, Integration and Test (I&T) and resource requirements.
- 10 or more years of experience with government contracting processes and Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) cycles.
- Strong organizational and self-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to appropriately handle business sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, solve problems, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel 15%-25%.
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking)
- Vision requirements include: close, color perception, peripheral, depth and ability to focus
- Noise conditions range from quiet to moderate