G4S Secure Integration is an industry leader in the design and implementation of large complex IP based security systems. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who specializes in client/server architectures and virtual environments. Within G4S, our system engineers act as both a solution architect and deployment specialist working on systems that can include advanced IP network services, virtualization, and hyper convergedarchitectures along with traditional access control, IP video, and other related technology.
As a Systems Engineer III, you will be expected to design and deploy these solutions either on your own or leading a team of 1-2 other System Engineers or CADD Technicians. You will provide leadership/guidance to our customers during the design process to produce high quality results that meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
Depending on the project, the design output could be construction shop drawings along with supporting and closeout documentation, networkdesign documents or some variation. During project execution you may be expected to provide remote or onsite support for the installation/configuration of the hardware/software that is included in your design.
- Review contractual documents including plans/specifications as well as customer requirements and expectations to work with the project team to develop the project deliverables, milestones, and schedule.
- Using a consultative approach with the customer, in combination with provided drawings, specifications and other documents, develop a comprehensive system design and relevant documents.
- In conjunction with the development of the design, conduct site surveys as necessary to capture relevant information.
- Lead the design development process and critical design reviews for all project opportunities.
- Ensure the design is compliant with all industry specific, local, state and national regulations.
- Clearly communicate project scope and requirements to contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Perform provisioning, configuration and testing of system components in the lab and on-site to validatedesign concepts.
- Provide customer support for the installed system remotely as well as onsite visits as necessary.
- Assist with the development and mentoring of the engineering staff
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal standards and templates
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 6 years designing and installing complex security or enterprise level technology systems may be considered.
- 6 years of progressive experiencedesigning and installing complex or enterprise level security and/or technologyinfrastructure systems. (If using in lieu of exception total of 12years’ experiencerequired.)
- Understanding of basic electrical concepts
- Previous experience leading design teams and working directly with customers following a consultative approach.
- Advanced knowledge of Ethernetnetworking and Windows system administration
- Working knowledge of MS SQL DBMS
- Ability to pass background checks leading to security credentials for various federal, state and local agencies.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience/certifications in multiple access control, video surveillance and other electronic security systems.
- Ability to understand, interpret and mark up standard constructionblueprints
- Understanding of the design and support phases of a construction project
- Advanced understanding of electrical concepts as they relate to electronic security system and IT hardware deployments both in a construction and data center environment.
- Experience with outdoor PTP and PTmP wireless systems
- Advanced level knowledge in MS SQL databasescripting and objects
- Knowledge of 1 or more scripting or programming languages
- Experience with Fiber Optic Cable, both single-mode and multi-mode.
- Industry Certifications: BICSI (RCDD), NICET, ASIS (PSP, CPP) SIA, COMP TIA, PMI (PMP), CISSP
- Vendor Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, etc.), Microsoft (MCSE), Access Control (AMAG, Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, SoftwareHouse), Video Management (Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, Cameras (Axis, Bosch, Sony, Hanwha), Wireless (Fluidmesh, Siklu)
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may split time between a semi-quiet office environment and on a construction site, where there is moderate to occasional high noise levels.
Depending on the assignment up to 50% travel may be required.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems\Over 20Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
Job Reference: NE101017SEIII