Job Title: Systems Engineer III
Location: Miami / South Florida
Duration: Full Time Employment
Essential Job Functions:
The Systems Engineer III is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, and Partners. The Systems Engineer III is responsible of designing, installing and supporting with help of external providers SAN or NAS solutions that the company needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and install the best solution possible to implement the servers and solutions that the company needs.
- Design and install the best solution possible to implement the load balancers solutions that the company needs.
- Complete configuration, installation and support of equipment in a Microsoft Windows environment, VMWare environment, other virtualizations environment, and Cloud environment to the specifications of company needs.
- Install and troubleshoot company applications.
- Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
- Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
Other Responsibilities May Include:
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Deploy and Support Web sites and DNS servers.
- Contribute to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices, as well as choosing key technologies and issues to address as we grow.
- Provide superb technical system and support to any other company member whose projects you participate in.
- Assist network engineers in troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems.
- Assist other engineers with projects, as a direct participant, and to lend your unique areas of expertise when required.
- May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends and holidays.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Technical, analytical, interpersonal and organization skills required.
- Knowledge of Windows Servers, workstations, MS Exchange, VMware, Citrix, anti-virus and other various software applications.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently. Attention to detail.
- Availability in response to needs of the company for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to load 30 pound.
- Hand dexterity required.
Education / Specialized Knowledge Requirements:
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Deep experience on Linux and JBoss.
- Experience and expertise in Microsoft Windows Server products 2003, 2008 and 2012, Exchange 2007 and 2010, and related technologies such as backup systems, email systems, virus protection, desktop operating systems, network faxing, contact management, etc.
- VMware, MCSE, SonicWALL, Citrix, CCNA, CCNE, experiencedesired.