About This Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in our St. Louis office. This person will be supporting physical and virtual servers in a Linux environment. We are looking for this person to handle patching, standing up new servers, installing applications, remediating vulnerabilities, and have a strong networking background.
- Operational maintenance and management of Internet-oriented production web server environments utilizing RHEL, CentOS, Solaris, Apache,/Tomcat
- Architectural design & implementation of the Encor Loyalty & Incentives AWS platforms instituting technical designs and analysis for highly available and performing cloud applications
- F5 administration (LTM/ASM/APM)
- Technical lead for infrastructure security management and new initiatives insuring compliance with PCI, SOC2, HIPPA & HITRUST security standards
- Collaborate with development teams by identifying software vulnerabilities using rigid and comprehensive security scanning techniques.
- Manage DNS (AWS Route 53, authoritative, domain registrations, transfers)
- Follow InComm standards and best practices for logging, system maintenance and support
- Manage and maintain infrastructure Linux server environments supporting development (QA, UAT, Staging)
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting is in place prior to production deployments.
- Create documentation on the existing systems and maintain documentation which includes current state of system flow, architecture diagrams, runbooks
- Able to work under tight deadlines while providing high-quality work
- Customer service oriented with the ability to effectively interact with users of all levels
- Able to proactively analyze trends and actively address system issues that have potential impact to the business
- Strong research, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Manage support after-hours coverage/escalation & support on-call rotation
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field or equivalent experience; related technical certifications are a plus.
- Experience managing and maintaining a 24x7 Internet hosted production environment.
- Advanced skills with RHEL, CentOS, Solaris, Apache/Tomcat, VMWare, F5 and Hitachi storage area network platforms.
- Five years of advanced system administration experience in Linux/Unix environments and proficient in tasks such as certificate management, automation scripting (bash/et all), creating Cron jobs, analyzing log files, managing user accounts and groups.
- Strong information security background with experience conducting vulnerability scans, risk analyses and infrastructure security assessments.
- Considerable troubleshooting and analytical skills, good communication skills and a genuine passion for solving problems related to scalability, performance, and redundancy.
- Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
- A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, preferably including hands-on experience with network technologies such as Cisco and Brocade and F5.