WorldVentures, a dynamic, global, fast growing member based travel company, is currently sourcing for a Systems Engineer II to be based in our Plano, Texas headquarters. WorldVentures is a fast paced environment with a core of innovation and fun. If you are prepared to grow your career, wear multiple hats, and be part of a fast paced team with a focus on exceptional service, this may be the role for you.
The Systems Engineer is a member of WorldVentures Holdings Technical Operations team and is responsible for systems/applications in a dynamic global web-based company. This position will install, administer, and troubleshoot systems for high performance and reliability in cloud and virtual environments. This includes ensuring the availability of systems as well as developing procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. This position will work closely with the Sr Systems Engineer and Tech Ops management, as well as other functional groups to manage the company’s infrastructure.
- Engineer, administer, monitor, support, and troubleshoot servers, services, and applications in varying environments, primarily in AWS and vSphere
- Perform compliance and security activities such as monthly patching (SCCM), backup/recovery management, log review, etc.
- Connect with 3rd party vendor support and other company personnel for complex issue/problem/outage resolution
- Create and maintain internal automation tasks, alerting, and reporting via PowerShell scripts
- Serve as an escalation point for other Tech Ops teams (End User Computing, Production Support), including after-hours issues
- Implement upgrades, enhancements, and fixes following change management procedures
- Work with members of other departments to define requirements, examine options, scope solutions
- Maintain technical standards; create and maintain documentation
- 4+ years’ experience with ownership/administration of production Windows server systems
- Experience writing PowerShell scripts and deep knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience supporting public-facing websites and associated services (certificate management, load balancers, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of various server and cloud applications, such as: Office 365, software deployments with SCCM, Citrix XenDesktop management, etc.
- Ability to accept assignments from senior members of the team and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Superior attention to detail is required
- Excel at making the workload and service process visible through ticket queues, documentation, etc.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn new systems and skills. Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be able to tackle problems independently
- Ability to build relationships with all employees, partners, vendors, customers
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Related Certifications (MCSE/MCSA, VCP, ITIL, AWS, etc.)
- Experience/education with Amazon Web Services, VMware vSphere, Linux
- Administrative or development experience in ServiceNow or SharePoint
WorldVentures is a privately held company based in Plano, Texas with active representatives and members in over 28 countries.WorldVentures proudly offers competitive salaries and benefits including but not limited to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life / AD&D, FSA, 401K and a robust vacation and holiday package. In addition, all full time employees automatically receive a WorldVentures membership at no cost to allow employees access to our exclusive DreamTrips group travelexperiences.