Systems Engineer II, UCC will research and plan, following engineer disciplines, design and take a leadership role with communications and collaboration-related solutions and projects as they apply to current and future business needs and provide advanced technical support for communications and collaboration systems and related applications for the company.
Position's Customer(s): All GCI Employees and subsidiaries with additional focus on contact centers.
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
- Application development and Project support
- Design and documentation
- Installation and configurations of hardware and software
- System testing, deployments, and administration of system Go Lives as well as Go Live support
- Application Support – continuous configuration evaluations to determine additional efficiencies
- Support Production Support Analysts (PSA) and Engineers
- Resolve complex end-user incidents and problems
- Support complex software and hardware patches, updates, and upgrades
Job Qualifications at all Levels:
- Intermediate knowledge of Office 365 administration
- Basic knowledge of Exchange 2016 or Exchange Online
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint 2013+ or SharePoint Online
- Skilled at leading technical teams to complete projects that meet scope, schedule and budget.
- Sufficient knowledge to comply with IT industry best practices, such as ITIL.
- Demonstrated ability to discern and resolve the root cause of problems in complex environments
- Advanced ability to analyze the impacts of changes on systems and take the necessary steps to ensure successful implementation while minimizing impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to support enterprise-wide communications and collaborations solutions such as ACD/Contact Center (e.g. Avaya CM), VoIP, IM (e.g., MS Teams), and CMS (e.g. SharePoint)
- Intermediate knowledge of databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle, MongoDB).
- Intermediate knowledge of operating systems such as MS Windows, OS X, Server 2003/05, and UNIX as well as Android and iOS.
- Must possess strong knowledge of client/server software environments, database fundamentals, SQL, and reporting tools.
- Intermediate knowledge of office productivity applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Atlassian Confluence and Jira applications
People and Self-Management:
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled ability to train users in an informal and formal environment.
- Capable of building and maintaining good relationships with end users, management, and fellow IT personnel
- Build and maintain relationships with system vendor SLA monitoring and conflict resolution.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with leadership and peers. Work to resolve problem relationships.
- Highly accountable for results. Self-directed, takes initiative, and seeks out opportunities. Creative and consistently seeks out innovative solutions.
- Assesses and accepts risks, learns from mistakes.
- Excellent ability to manage, prioritize, and track multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent ability to work within a team where decisions and responsibilities are shared.
Additional Job Requirements: At a mid-level system engineer, position provides advanced technical and administrative support for the company's United Communications systems and related applications and works on more complex projects. Responsible for research, planning, and engineer design, and takes a leadership role with related solutions and projects as they apply to current and future business needs.
Essential Duties for this position:
Application Development and Project Support:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on all projects that directly or indirectly involve unified communications and collaboration systems and related applications.
- Involved in project planning, engineering, design, and documentation.
- Responsible for solution/product research, due diligence, and pre-project documentation.
- Involved in all requirements gathering and ongoing project documentation where applicable.
- Responsible for hardware and software installations and configurations, system testing, deployments, and system "Go-Lives" as well as post Go-Live support and final release of solution to end-users.
- Evaluate existing configurations for efficient/effective options. Present findings to end-users/business units. Provide solutions and solution alternatives to customers.
- Train and support PSAs to effectively support applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents and problems. Responsible for tracking, updating, and completing all issues via the trouble ticketing system.
- Make routine configuration changes per change requests.
- Test routine software and hardware configuration changes following appropriate change management procedures.
- Produce performance, productivity, and outage reports as needed and ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Maintain system, infrastructure, training, and support documentation for existing applications where appropriate.
Minimum of six years of experience in any combination noted below:
- Progressive experience in any combination of systems administration, engineering or equivalent technical support environment.
- Office 365 administration experience.
- Exchange and/or SharePoint and/or Atlassian Confluence/Jira administrative experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, information technology/systems, computer science, or related field required.
- In addition to experience above, a combination of education or experience sufficient to perform the duties may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year- for -year basis.
- Qualification is also based on individual job performance.
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications highly valued and may contribute toward education.