HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Systems Engineer II:
- Provides technical support, assists in the design, deployment, and maintenance of all enterprise systems.
- May lead small to medium sized projects independently.
- Tests and evaluates technical infrastructure to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Creates installation and support documentation as needed.
- Has an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the systems engineering field.
- Relies on basic experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides direct support coverage for all enterprise systems, physical server infrastructure, storage and infrastructure application systems including VMware, Microsoft and third party tools.
- Works with other groups in the IS Department to support projects and day-to-day operations as defined by supervisor.
- Continuously works to improve personal, technical, and business skills in order to provide the best service possible.
- On a rotational basis, provides 24 x 7 support coverage.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
Associates degreepreferred, with three years of professional experiencerequired; Equivalent experience and professional certifications considered in lieu of degree.
Individual must possess and be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of configuring and supporting server infrastructure and OS, server and desktop virtualization technologies, Microsoft infrastructure applications, networked storage infrastructure and business systems support.
- Experience configuring and maintaining VMware vSphere virtual server infrastructure
- Experience with Cisco UCS blade server platform
- Experience configuring and maintaining Horizon View virtual desktop platform
- Experience with configuring and interpreting monitoring & analysis tools
- Experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS, SCOM, PKI infrastructure applications
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and IIS administration
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and Exchange Online / O365
- Experience with Email security solutions and boundaries
- Experience with scripting via Powershell or otherlanguages
- Experience with storage networks including FC, iSCSI, FCoE
- Experience with storage infrastructure including SAN, NAS and Software Defined
- Experience leading projects and working across multiple teams
- Experience with vendor management
- Familiar with HIPPA, PCI, SOX, and Hi-Tech compliance
- Familiar with Linux systems
- Familiar with Disaster Recovery concepts and high available implementations
Job Specific Details: There is no remote option.