The position requires strong systems engineering skills that will be used to develop innovative products and solutions to complex systems, including top level requirements development, requirements analysis and allocation, design, verification, integration, and production/field support. The position is in the Systems Design Center within the Systems Design & Architecture (SD&A) Directorate, responsible for programs in the following product lines: Air and Missile Defense Systems, Air Warfare Systems, Land Warfare systems, and Naval and Area Mission Defense.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
The Systems Engineer II for Systems Security Engineering provides technical expertise for the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of Program Protection and security solutions used in military applications. The position requires a highly motivated and innovative individual familiar with developing SSE (Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management) systems solutions to meet customer requirements, working in conjunction with new business development personnel and suppliers. Customers include USAF, USA, USN, USMC, MDA, and other USG acquisition agencies.
This technical position assesses multiple candidate security solutions for “best fit” with customer requirements, establishes detailed systems requirements and allocation of those requirements to sub-systems and engages with all engineering disciplines to determine compliance to the requirements during system development and qualification. The individual is responsible for guiding the SSE implementation during the development, integration, test, and fielding of the systems and ensuring programs are executed to meet or exceed requirements while meeting cost and performance targets. Furthermore, the individual will engage to develop and implement strategy to grow business in key areas.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- Implement SSE solutions into Raytheon Missiles & Defense products
- Interact with customer to define SSE requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Support developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans. Keep senior management informed on major accomplishments, issues and concerns
- Educate Raytheon Missiles & Defense and customers alike in SSE
- Plan and guide SSE implementations in customer systems
- Consult and assist program line management with SSE architectures and issues
- Assisting programs in developing plans and executing those plans
- Developing top-level system requirements, and flowing down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystem
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, or Robotics
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in the fields of computer technology reverse engineering, AT, or Cyber
- Experience in design, development and fielding of SSE systems
- Experience in the implementation and business growth of SSE implementation throughout the entire life cycle
- Experience in solutions meeting robust SSE systems security requirements
- Experience leading, advising, and educating DoD customers on SSE issues
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Business Administration, and/or Robotics
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years desired
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoDD 8570/DoDD 8140 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Program management experience with SSE
- Broad understanding of technology and working knowledge of DODI-S-5230.28
- Aircraft/weapons integration experience
- Strategic planning skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with coworkers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Group management skills, leadership skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and present comprehensive technical briefings.
- Experience contributing in a team environment for the purpose of developing creative solutions to technical problems
- The candidate must be able to act independently to uncover and resolve issues, and possess excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills