The Systems Engineer II is responsible for providing post sale maintenance and support of IP telephony implementation. This includes documentation, troubleshooting and testing of core IP telephony deployments. The Engineer will work both directly with ConvergeOne clients as well as working closely with other engineers and operations resources.
- Ongoing management and troubleshooting of Cisco Unified Communications Systems, including CallManager/Unified Communications Manager 6.x through 9.x, Unity Server, Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express and Enterprise
- Assists with designing and implementing upgrades, adds, moves and changes (MAC) of Cisco Unified Communications Systems, including CallManager/Unified Communications Manager 6.x through 9.x, Unity Server, Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express and Enterprise
- Creates documentation for customer and internal networks. This includes documentation that clearly illustrates regular tasks that are performed for clients as part of a managed service offering
- Management and troubleshooting of Cisco Analog and Digital voice gateways and devices, including ISR's, VG224's, CUBE as well as Cisco IP phone provisioning
- Supports Sales team by providing technical knowledge to clients and potential clients. Provides support in both pre- and post-sale by attending presentations, product demonstrations, and installations/implementations.
- Maintains and improves customer satisfaction, experience and confidence through sustainable, scalable and available service delivery operations
- Performs regular IT maintenance tasks for clients as documented
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues that are escalated by the Network Operations Center (NOC) team, in support of clients
- Knowledge of system levels configuration to include but not limited to; call routing, dialing plans etc.
- Provides after hours on-call support
- Effectively communicates issues, concerns and recommendations regarding network health to clients
- Must maintain a good knowledge of industry best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent hands-on experience of configuring & troubleshooting Cisco Call Manager
- Design/Implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco Unified Communication
- Good Knowledge of implementation of Cisco Unity Express
- Skills & knowledge in working with Cisco IPT Unity Connections (Voice mail), CME (Call Manager Express) & CUE (Cisco Unity Express)
- Installation & Configuration of CCM servers & Voice Gateways (ISR G2 Series). Configuring call control protocols on Voice Gateways H.323, MGCP and SIP.
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Cisco Call Manager
- CISCO Call Manager Express and Cisco Unity Express. ,Cisco Switches
- Video Conferencing, Cisco, Jabber, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to listen well and request clarification when necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients, peers and management
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and be a self-starter with minimal supervision.
- Excellent reasoning, analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Basic college level math capabilities desirable
- Pricing and financial analysis experience a plus
- 5-7 years of experience working with Call Manager/Unified Communications Manager 6.x through 9.x
- Unity Server and Unity Connection
- Call Manager Express, Cisco Unity Express, SRST
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Voice Gateways, SIP/H.323/MGCP & ISDN PRI troubleshooting
- 3-5 years of experience working with traditional IP Networking Unity Server and Unity Connection
- Understanding of network operations at Layer 2 and Layer 3
- Understanding of major routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP)
- Understanding of fundamental network technologies (VPNs, NAT, etc.)
- Understanding of Quality of service (QOS) Mechanisms
- Cisco Unified Presence & Mobility Manager, Cisco Unified Attendant Console
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science or related field.
- CCNA - Voice