A Systems Engineer II is a pre-sales engineer that is responsible for assisting Account Executives with IP Telephony, IP Contact Center, and 3rd party solution planning, design, and pricing. A Systems Engineer II works independently on showcasing Cisco, 3rd party solutions as well as C1 Product and Services. They will analyze customer's business needs to design and configure a Cisco Unified Communications Solution utilizing the Cisco UCC product suite, 3rd Party Software Products, and C1C Services independently to meet a specific customer needs. The Systems Engineer II keeps up to date on relevant competitive solutions, products, and services.
* Monitors system alerts and facilitate, processes and handles incidents to ensure restoration of normal services and minimize impact on customers
* Performs remote monitoring and management for customer's network, Data Center, Storage and backup including support, configurations, setup and troubleshooting
* Performs proactive maintenance schedule for OS, applications, services, routers, switches, servers and critical devices
* Records, classifies, prioritizes all incoming customer incidents and ensure proper data collection, completes incident documentation, and prompts updates
* Analyzes and optimizes the operating state of customer environment for managed services and devices to identify degradation or potential issues and takes/recommends preventive measures
* Maintains and improves customer satisfaction, experience and confidence through sustainable, scalable and available service delivery operations
* Escalates incident as necessary internally or to 3rd party bases on contracted and expected SLAs
* Keeps customer systems, software, anti-virus and applications updated and secured through proactive and comprehensive patching management
* Maintains consistent communications with all parties including customers, internal resources, and 3rd party and coordinate activities as needed
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
* BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology Advanced knowledge of technology, customer service and support operations
* Advanced skill in multi-tasking, work in a fast pace environment and work across boundaries and functions
* Advanced skill in troubleshooting, documentations, and soft skills
* Advanced ability to communicate effectively and promptly with customers, internal and external audience verbally and in writing
* Advanced ability to use systems and software such as MS office, ticketing systems, and computer
* Advanced ability to coordinate cross-functional efforts and projects
* Advanced ability to pay attention to details and follow processes and procedures
* Requires CCNP/CCIE
* CompTIA A+, MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician), Microsoft Technology certification, VMware Technology Certification
Less than 10%
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.