Managing Macs at scale is a unique challenge. As a Systems Engineer specializing in all things Mac, you and the team will have the opportunity to shape the future direction of the Mac platform at Expedia. As a tech company, Expedia passionately embraces emerging technologies, from open source solutions, cloud based infrastructure, to home-grown tech. Supported by (and supporting) a team of System Administrators, you will have free rein to design, propose, and implement tools and systems to improve Expedia’s Mac management.
- First and foremost, you will be one of the Mac SMEs at Expedia, people will look to you/the team for technical leadership.
- Expedia is keen to offer our users the latest tech innovations, we may ask you to consider how other platforms – such as Linux or ChromeOS – might be managed.
- Process improvement and review – from imaging, to provisioning, to asset retirement, every part of the lifecycle of a device is in scope for improvement. Your focus will be Tier 0/Self Service solutions to drive improved service delivery across the organization.
- As an engineer, you will be expected to follow typical engineering best practices such as software configuration management (source control), maintaining documentation, and reviewing code for more junior team members.
- Mentoring is a huge part of the philosophy at Expedia – we will expect you to exploit teachable moments to develop the skills of your peers and team.
- Serve as a Tier 4 escalation point for our Operations and Support teams.
- In depth and current knowledge of macOS system internals.
- Experience deploying macOS in a corporate environment, including NetBoot/NetInstall for imaging, managing FileVault encryption, common provisioning tasks, etc.
- Experience using a version control system – preferably git.
- Use of common packaging tools such as Jamf’s Composer or AutoPkg.
- Strong competency in Python, with experience interacting with RESTful APIs
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following: Jamf Pro, Munki/Simian.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills – you will need to write detailed, accurate, and clear documentation – as well as provide mentoring to colleagues.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting in bash or similar.
- Objective C / Swift programming experience.
- Experience managing Linux and/or ChromeOS.
- Webapp development – particularly using the Django framework.
- Experience managing services such as Apache, MySQL, etc.
- Familiarity with the operation of Active Directory – particularly with regard to Mac binding.