The PaaS OS STIG Systems Engineer will work as a member of the PaaS Engineering Team. He/She will work with the PaaS Engineering team to automate the STIG remediation for Windows Server and Linux server operating systems.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Developing/Automating Windows and Linux server operating system STIG settings.
o Bash/Zsh (Linux)
o PowerShell (Windows)
- Automate STIG remediation into provisioning process for Windows and Linux server operating system servers, including interconnectivity with various technical automation products.
- Automate the deployment of STIG remediation to existing Windows and Linux server operating system servers across multiple sites.
- Update/automate OS STIG reporting
- Create customized OS STIG checks for reporting
- Perform DISA STIG analysis across various USCG Server platforms
- Test STIG automation updates against various USCG server platforms and applications
- Troubleshoot application compatibility with various OS STIG requirements, and resolve those incompatibilities with technical fixes where possible.
- Work with applications to research and remediate OS STIG incompatibility issues and support those applications with the OSC CCB requirements and process.
- Providing technical input for policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate documentation on those policies/procedures.
- Adhering to Change/Configuration Management procedures and policies.
- Properly estimating work efforts and technical challenges (scoping projects).
- Research and investigate problems, diagnose and provide resolution or viable solutions for hardware and software issues; appropriately escalating and reporting recommendations clearly and effectively to management and team.
CompTia Security +
This position requires applicants to successfully complete the security application process with the intent of completing a government granted background investigation and receive a favorable Tier 1 prior to starting
- Must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Associate's Degree or higher; sufficient technical experience and/or current IT certification may be demonstrated to substitute for formal education
- 5-15 years of IT engineering experience supporting projects and systems of similar size, scope and technical complexity to those supported under this contract.
- Bash/Zsh (Linux)
- PowerShell (Windows)
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to provide accurate and realistic effort estimates, commit and deliver accordingly
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills; creative thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with occasional non-business hours (evenings and weekends) flexibility and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and participate as a positive and cooperative team member
- DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Microsoft Group Policy
- BladeLogic Server Automation