Systems Engineer II - Directory Services - LDAP
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company’s Directory Services platforms and their associated operating systems and services. The candidate must have strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems, LDAP platforms (NetIQ eDirectory, UnboundID PingDirectory, OpenLDAP), and administration of Apache Tomcat and JBoss web/application servers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Coordinates with internal departments to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality
- Participates in design sessions with appropriate architects and engineers
- Creates detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications / services and for enhancements to existing systems / services
- Collaborates to create configuration designs for design and implementation of various environments
- Creates work effort estimates for new features and bug fixes for use in prioritization and release management
- Reviews new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality / effectiveness
- Installs, administers, configures and maintains Directory Services applications including operating systems and related software
- Provides 'on call' support to resolve Directory Services platform issues after normal business hours
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact (i.e. during established maintenance window)
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades
- Designs and implements change and control policies and disaster recovery plans; lead troubleshooting efforts to restore functionality in the event of an outage
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Minimum of two (2) years of Enterprise Application Integration experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of Systems administration experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Basic knowledge in network design, networkarchitecture, protocols and network topology, including TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Basic knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support current operations
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast-pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks, and testing tools
- Experience administering Apache Tomcat, Jboss, Novell Access Manager or Shibboleth
- Basic understanding of SOAP, SAML, and REST API’s
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants.
Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
Requisition Number: 217317BR.